Calendars for the Web is a robust, full featured tool anyone can use.
Read more >
VRaniML 3D Graphics Library
Read, write and render VRML files
VRaniML is a VRML 2.0 C++ class library for building 3D graphics applications. Most
of the VRML 2.0 specification is supported including DEF/USE, PROTOs, ROUTEs and
the VRML execution model.
Download the sample VRML browser and SDK for free.
You may purchase the source code here:
- Progressive Mesh support allowing for progressive transmission of geometric nodes over the
internet (with a suitable file server) and continuous level of detail creation and geomorphing
- Boolean operations on geometric objects including union, intersection, difference, splitting plane
- Persistent cache (including multiple directory searching) so files that are already present locally
need not be fetched over the internet
- Frame rate specification to allow for continuous (non-jerky) animation on a broad
range of platforms
- Renderer independence, supporting both OpenGL and D3D
- Traverser technology (that is, the separation of traversals from the scene graph) allows for
rapid extensions of library
- Rapid geometric queries as a result of solid modeling underpinnings (i.e. What vertices
border this face, What edges touch this vertex)
- a rich set of underlying geometric and 3D graphics classes collection classes (arrays,
lists, queues, stacks, maps, ...)
- geometric classes (vector2, vector3, matrix, plane, ray, ...)
- utility classes (file, image, sound, ...)
- time classes
- runtime typing support
- all geometric objects are based on the Progressive Mesh data structure allowing for
progressive transmission of VRML 2.0 files over the internet as well as continuous
LOD Creation (support coming...)
- code that looks like MFC (but isn't) making for easy learning curve for MFC
- every class has copy constructors, equals operators (operator=) and a Clone function
making copying of an entire scene graph a one line operation
- scene graphs are serializable allowing for very compact binary storage
- supports VRML 2.0 execution model including TimeSensor, Interpolators and all
- multimedia support for VRML 2.0 audio and sound nodes, movie textures, etc...
- for all classes, each data member is protected and every interesting member function
is virtual, making extension of the class library a snap.
Maughn's Computer Consultants
View more >